Cut Out White Chocolate Cookie Recipe
I love all things white chocolate. Especially a beautiful white chocolate cut out cookie! I added this jewel to my arsenal of cookie flavors a few years ago when Karen’s Cookies first launched Cookie Con. I remember being mesmerized by the entire idea of adding white chocolate to a cookie!
If you’ve ever ordered anything from my business, The Adonai Cookie Shoppe, then you know if you ask me for a neutral flavor I automatically default to vanilla or white chocolate. Most people jump on the white chocolate bandwagon because come on its white chocolate!
I felt no different about adding it to a sugar cookie base. I offered the original version from Karen’s Cookies for a while but based on your climate you may have to make some adjustments as I did. I linked to the original recipe previously. While not much changed between the two versions it’s totally up to you how you make this work for yourself.
I totally think you can get really crazy with this especially if you are a white chocolate lover like I am and make the royal icing white chocolate! Crazy right. I know. Personally, I prefer Wilton candy melts when it comes to needing a smooth melted white chocolate. You can certainly use regular white chocolate or baking white chocolate just be aware you have to melt it down for both the cookie dough and the royal icing.
Try it out and leave me a message on how it worked out for you below.
Cut Out White Chocolate Cookies
Original recipe adapted from Karen’s Cookie and adjusted for my personal preferences.
- 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 bag white wilton candy melts
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Melt the White Wilton Candy Melts in the microwave and set aside.
- Measure and whisk all dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
- Add the melted candy melts or melted white chocolate.
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until a soft dough forms. Shape dough into 2 balls.
- Flatten to 3/4″ inch thickness. Wrap in plastic wrap and all to chill for 15 mins or until firm.
- Lightly flour your surface and roll out the dough to the desired thickness.
- Bake until edges are golden (7-9) mins. It may take longer, just make a note of that for future use.
- Allow cookies to stand for 2-3 minutes BEFORE moving them to a cooling rack.